Artsy Fartsy Friday: Golden Delicious


Gracie's Take: First, we got a paper plate. And then we took a big colored piece of paper. It could be any color. So we took scissors and glue. We cut it and sticked it onto the paper plate. We writted our name. Then we glued the stem. We glued our leaf. Then we let it dry out. Then we took it home the next day. So that's all. I've got to go in the shower now. Bye.

Dad's Take: I'll admit, when I saw this thing hanging on the fridge, the first thing I said was, "Whose pineapple is that?" With the paper pieces all layered doesn't it look like a pineapple? The stem would need to be a little bigger, but otherwise it could totally be a pineapple. I guess making an apple during apple-picking season makes more sense, though. I'm not sure why she chose to make so many small pieces of yellow paper for her apple instead of a few large pieces of yellow paper. Maybe she had a glue stick she wanted to use up. But she did a good job of covering most of the paper plate, and that's the important part.

Comments