That's All He Wrote

Happy New Year!

Congratulations, everyone! We made it to the end of 2020, which means today is the final day for 366 in 2020. I posted all year in the face of life, of sickness and a worldwide pandemic. I reminisced about the past, I captured hundreds of smiles, and I stayed true to the blog's mission (detailing the everyday life of Augie and Gracie). And ... drum roll, please ... I made it! This is my 366th and final post of the year.

It's also my final post, period.

Nearly 11 years ago, I started this blog while we were still living in Wisconsin because it was the easiest way to share photos of Augie with relatives back home who weren't on Facebook. That's why the blog has been so heavy on photos. I may write for a living, but I wanted Decoding Dadhood to be about sharing photos. I don't think I've ever fallen short of that goal.

Having made 366 posts in 2020, though, I don't think there's much more for me to prove here. Will there be more photos to share? Always. But all good things must come to an end at some point, and this feels like a natural ending. Most blogs fail within the first few months, so I can certainly say I've done Decoding Dadhood justice. I've never had a year with fewer than 100 posts (a personal goal), and with this year's 366, it'll be 1,724 in all.

It'll be different taking pictures solely for my own enjoyment, but I'm hoping it'll allow me to enjoy life more. Maybe I'll start going to events and (gasp) just watch. Between my 9-5 job, my side hustle, my garage projects and my commitments at church, it's not like I'll be wanting for things to do when I say goodbye to doing this.

Thank you, all, for following along, for liking my posts and for humoring my attempt at entertainment. It's been a fun ride.

Comments