The Story Behind the Story of the Secret Ingredient

This year has been different in a lot of ways. Gretchen is working as much as she usually does during the school year, but now I'm home during the day instead of in the office. So that means I'm often asked to get the ball rolling on dinner ... or just told to go ahead and make it myself. I'm not much of a cook (or am I?), so my meals are the easy-to-prepare options.

For this weekend's column, I wrote about how I make my meals more appealing: the secret ingredient. "Secret ingredient," of course, is code for "dad added something weird to the food." I think it's something that will make it better, but not everyone always agrees (those ingrates!). The kids usually complain about what we serve anyway, so I might as well make it something I want to eat.

I got two chuckles out of the wife with this week's column, so you know it was a good one. You should take 5 minutes and give it a read.

Comments