Throwback Thursday: Editor's Choice: Part 2


For this week's Throwback Thursday we've got another grab bag of pics, so strap in, or should I say hold on. When we were kids, our dad would always mound up the snow from the driveway in our front yard so we'd have a hill to use our sleds on. When we got bored with that, we'd get out our shovels and dig tunnels through the hill.

It wouldn't be Christmas without a visit to Santa, right? I'm not sure where this one was taken, but I know The Orchards Mall used to have a Santa come in every year. This doesn't look like the mall, though. Maybe it was just Grandpa Becker in a red suit.

This is where we used to eat meals before my parents remodeled the kitchen. There was a built in bench we could wiggle around on, and Kool-Aid man cups to drink from.

Speaking of fun, this ball was always a blast. The outside was cloth, but there was a hole at the top that you could drop a large balloon into. Blow it up and you had a cool balloon ball to play with. Somehow we managed to pop that thing anyway.

Rollerskating was still pretty popular when we were kids (as were perms from the looks of it). We'd go to Roller World for school and church events and sometimes birthday parties.

Bowling was something people used to do for fun, too. It's a little tougher now that Blossom Lanes is closed.

Our senior year of high school, we took the typical senior year trip to Washington, D.C. One afternoon, they let us roam the city by ourselves. I know we were 18, but somehow I don't see them doing that anymore.

High school is where I met this person. OK, not technically. We hated each other at Trade Lines first. But I got to know her in high school.

Later, I even convinced her to go Up North with us on a fishing trip. She doesn't even like fishing. This was her big catch for the week.

When I went Up North, I was always sure to supplement my Lake Gogebic fishing with Front Yard Pond fishing. The yard would always flood if we got a little rain. One year, we got a LOT of rain the week we were there.

Comments