Throwback Thursday: Happy Birthday, To Me!

Today is a special day on the blog ... because it's my birthday! Here I am on my "1st birthday" testing the cake candy, making sure it was safe for everyone else to eat.

I say "1st birthday" because we'd usually celebrate my birthday the weekend before my birthday. I never minded. It meant I got to attack the presents sooner.

By my second birthday, I knew how this birthdaying thing went, and I was ready to blow out my candle and eat some cake.

For my 5th birthday, my parents let me have some friends over for a party. It was pretty much a few of my cousins and all the kids in Sodus.

There was even a clown, balloons and a boombox-sized camcorder.

Since we always had to celebrate my birthday early, my mom would always save a present for me to open on the morning of my birthday. You can't see it in the picture, but I'm hitting the noise button on this He-Man sword. It was pretty sweet.

Of course, if you have He-Man sword, you have to have Skeletor's skull staff, too, so brother can play the bad guy.

Some years we'd have cake, some years we'd have cupcakes, some years we'd have both. And of course ice cream. Because it was my birthday, I always had to serve all the guests first before I got any.

For my 10th birthday, I was allowed to have a few boys over for a sleepover. I'm not sure why my parents ever agreed to that. Kids are so loud.

The next morning, we went to Blossom Lanes and did some bowling. I just wanted to have part of my party there so they'd give me the free bowling pin.

Comments