Throwback Thursday: The AYSO Years

Well, this week it was made official. Gracie's soccer season has been canceled. It was going to be her first year playing in AYSO. So for today's Throwback Thursday we'll take a look back at some of my years in AYSO. Here I am in my first soccer season ever in 1993.

My second season we got the black uniforms. Those were always great on a hot spring day. Tim got to play with me that year, too.

A couple of years later, I got to wear this great uniform. They let you keep the socks and the uniforms when the season was over, so I think I was the real winner this year, even though the team as a whole stunk.

The teams were small some years. I don't think our team was quite this small in 1997. I think some people just missed picture day.

You're getting a lot of team pictures here, sorry. I thought I had scanned some action shots already, but I guess I haven't. I'll have to do some more digging. Here is my last season with AYSO. After that I started playing on school teams.

Of course, team picture day also included individual pictures. Those make for some awkward and unflattering shot.

At least they were smart enough to graduate us from the white shorts of those early years. I'm sure mom's everywhere hated those things.

Comments