In the Archives: Anna Zech

I was doing more archives research this evening when I came across the obituary for Anna Zech, my grandpa's sister:

I can't say I know much about Anna or her sisters, Ada and Dorothy, but they're on my list of people to look into. An initial search of our archives doesn't offer a whole lot. But from her obituary, I can see that she owned Hillview Fruit and Dairy Farm with her husband, Andrew, for 46 years. She was a 4-H leader and a long-time volunteer for the Berrien County Youth Fair. But the most interesting thing I saw in her obit was that she was an employee for The Herald-Palladium for more than 30 years.

According to the holiday ads we used to run in the newspaper every year listing every employee, like this one, she worked in the mail room. Just look at home many employees we had in the '90s. More on Anna and her sisters later, but for now, it's nice to see a fellow (former) Steinke at The HP.

Comments