The Story Behind the Story of #WFH2020

As I've been sitting at home for the past two months, I've finally started checking some things off my work to-do list, like write a regular column. I've also been working behind the scenes to update some minor things on our website. If you've been reading my columns, you might have noticed my little mugshot up at the top of the page. That was a feature we always had available to us, someone just had to have the time to unlock it. Now all our regular columnists have mugshots. I think it looks pretty snazzy.

Today's column isn't about anything I've been doing at work, however, it's about what I've been thinking about during my two months at home. I wrote it in such a way that it makes sense for the print product, but it really plays much better on the website because it's embedded with the tweets that inspired it. I wrote it partially to figure out how to embed tweets in our CMS. After I did it wrong the first time, I figured it out the second time. And now I know how to do it in the future. So I'll call it a win overall.

So, I'd recommend reading the column online. And if you can't read it online because you don't have a subscription, buy one. They aren't that expensive, and they help ensure I'll have a job to keep writing columns.

Comments