Throwback Thursday: Our Wedding

Tuesday was the annual anniversary of our blessed nuptials. So this week we'll take a look back at that special day. Here we are mid-service, not passing out from the heat.

I wasn't sure we'd make it there. I learned later Gretchen was busy making calls before the wedding on her flip phone, seeing if there was anyone else available for marriage on short notice.

I dealt with my pre-service jitters with some cards and a little "orange juice."

Alas, we made it. And a bunch of friends and family packed into the 100-degree church to make sure we went through with it.

When the service was over, Pastor Schneider made sure we couldn't get out of it by having us dot all our T's and cross all our I's.

That made it official, so we figured we might as well stand up in the front of the church and take pictures with everyone we knew.

I know how much Tim likes to be in these posts, so I'm including this one just for him. I don't remember why they had us take this picture, but I like it.

Once all the pictures were taken, we were off ...

... to find some cake ...

... and dance a jig ...

... with partygoers big and small.

This is still one of Gretchen's favorite pictures. It's not too often I'll get up and dance along to the YMCA.

It must have been a special occasion.

Comments