The Story Behind the Story of Corn

I was a little busy this weekend at Pioneer Camp, so I'm behind on talking about last weekend's column. If you missed it, I talked about corn. Specifically eating corn for dinner. Apparently, eating corn for dinner isn't something normal people do. I always thought it was normal, but then Gretchen told me I was wrong.


According to my unofficial Twitter poll today, it is in fact not normal to eat only corn for dinner. I'm a fan of corn, though, so I'll respectfully disagree. Gracie will only eat corn if it's on the cob, so that must count for something.

Thinking about what was normal -- or not normal, depending on who you ask -- had me thinking about what the word "normal" even means anymore. For the rest of my thoughts, though, you'll have to click on the hyperlink to my column.

Speaking of my column, apparently people are enjoying it. I had another distant relative email me last week after they were sent a copy of the paper with my first column in it. Another person found me on Facebook and told me they're buying the weekend paper just so they can read my column. A co-worker told me a third person was enjoying reading the column, too. So I guess I'll keep writing it. I wouldn't want people to be disappointed.

Comments