Throwback Thursday: Eau Claire Cherry Festival

In two days, Eau Claire was supposed to celebrate its annual Cherry Festival. However, like many events in 2020, it has been canceled. So let's take a look back at some past Cherry Festivals.

Apparently in 1991, Deer Forest made an appearance at the festival with a few animals. I got to pet this cute little bunny. I'm pretty sure I picked it up, too, which I'm pretty sure we weren't supposed to do.

In 1992, I played my first season of organized baseball, which also meant I got to walk in the parade. I dressed in full garb.

Jen got to walk, too. But Tim was too young. I'm not sure he was so happy about being left out.

But hey, he got to participate in the tractor pull. So he had that going for him.

The next year, he got to meet Abraham Lincoln.

But that's because he still wasn't old enough to walk. He got to sit with mom and grandma Steinke, though, so he had that going for him.

In 1994, though, things turned around, because we all got to walk in the parade. It looks like it was a pretty hot day.

Come to think of it, there weren't too many Fourth of July parades that weren't hot.

Comments