Adventures in Cheeseland: Day 2

After the first night in our Wisconsin hotel, the kids were up much earlier than necessary to start Day 2 in Cheeseland. Good thing I slept in for them. Meanwhile, mom helped Gracie dry her hair so she was ready to go on some adventures.

After a little tooling around this morning, we hopped in the car to see my friend Aaron for the day. He let us ride in his cool new SUV to get lunch.

And to get to the Hoyt Park pool in Wauwatosa.

And to check out his construction site in Oconomowoc. (I could get used to this chauffeuring.) We got to borrow some hard hats for our official tour.

Aaron probably shouldn't have brought Augie, though. He spotted all the mistakes.

We had a little ice cream on our way to dinner (that's right, you heard me). We tried Cafe Hollander, which most of us found enjoyable. Gracie objected to the mac and cheese not being from a blue box. So I let her have some of my fries.

It was raining for a good chunk of the afternoon, so I let Gracie borrow my hoodie when we got back to the hotel because she was cold. Good thing I'm always warm.

Comments