Let's Write Two!

The Cubs were scheduled for a doubleheader today, so I thought I'd write a couple of things for today's paper. OK, maybe that's not why, but if you checked today's Focus page, you'll see me in there twice.

First, I wrote a little bit more about W. F. Steinke for my column. I did a lot of research on him for the blog post, so I thought I'd share some of what I found with our readers. They usually love it when I write about old stuff from the archives. I didn't just rewrite my blog post, though. I tossed in some additional details. So you should probably check it out.

Second, I did some research over the past couple of weeks on how schools were planning to teach their students to start the year. We were seeing some schools going the virtual route, some planning to bring kids back right away, some doing a little bit of both. So I checked everyone's return-to-learning plans so we could do something comprehensive. I put it all in a nice little chart that I thought turned out well. I coordinated with one of the reporters, who was working on a bigger back-to-school story for A1. All told, we ended up with four back-to-school stories in today's paper. We really looked like we knew what we were doing. So I guess you should probably just read the whole paper.

Comments