Artsy Fartsy Friday: Gracie's Guitar

Gracie's Take: Tape, box, string. So first I cut straight, and then I cut a different spot. Then I made a little up, like, you know, stick on the guitar. So then I made a hole. Then I made a box. Then I was done. The end.

Dad's Take: Gracie has already decided that for Christmas this year she wants a guitar. She wants other things, too, but she really wants a guitar. I'm not sure why. But she just couldn't wait until December. So she asked me if she could have one of my boxes to make her own. The front part turned out well. She had a pretty good guitar shape, she had a neck, she had a good size hole. I helped her tape the strings on because they were wiggling around on her. But then the back of the guitar, "the box." Let's talk about that. She used roughly 75 small pieces of cardboard, and held them together with 1,000 pieces of masking tape. I saw the box I gave her, she could have used three large pieces to make the box and been done. But then she couldn't have used up all the tape. I guess I didn't need that tape anyway.

Comments