The Ultimate Pregnancy Playlist (Probably)

As you all know, Little Miss is coming soon. And because she is coming soon, she has been garnering more attention at my office. My co-workers are asking when she's coming, what's her name, how's Mrs. Augie's Mom doing, etc.

Well, last week, the sports reporter, Aaron McKrell, said he thought births should have playlists to help pump up the mom, like someone working out at the gym. (Plus you wouldn't have to dub in music later, if you are the kind of person who records a birth, because it would already be there in the background. Two birds, one stone.)

I told him I didn't think too many pregnant women would like having a playlist running in the background, but since he's single and 23, I was curious what he would come up with. So I told him to make her a CD. The follow is what he delivered to me yesterday (seen above in a Panera Bread wrapper and chicken-scratch handwriting).

Gretchen's Pregnancy Playlist

1. Ain't No Mountain High Enough (The baby is coming no matter what!)
2. Just the Two of Us (Touching song about the birth of Will Smith's son)
3. Send Me on My Way (Send the baby on her way into the world)
4. Cotton Eye Joe (This song belongs on any playlist, period)
5. I Believe I Can Fly (You'll need some inspiration during labor)
6. Try a Little Tenderness (Gotta go easy on Gretchen -- for Andy and doctors)
7. Moon Eyed Cat (Not really sure)
8. Runaround Sue (Because pregnancy is painful, and this song is about pain)
9. My Way (Triumphant finale!)

So there you have it, the ultimate pregnancy playlist ... as long as labor lasts about 35 minutes.

Comments