2nd Annual Steinke Tournament Challenge Update

It was a super busy (and exciting) weekend of college basketball. Probably some of the most boring games involved Michigan, who won easily twice. Augie didn't care, he watched anyway. I was at work all weekend, but managed to catch a few of the games via the Internet. Here's how our brackets are looking.

My bracket

I'm not doing as well as last year, but I'm leading the family tournament challenge. After picking all four of the "first round" games incorrectly, I picked 22 of the 32 second round games correctly, and 8 of the 16 third round games right. I've lost three of my Elite Eight teams, but all of my Final Four teams survived, so overall, I'm happy with how the weekend went.

Mom's bracket

Through the second round, mom was slightly ahead of me. She picked two of the first four games correctly, and also had 22 of 32 correct in the second round. The third round is where she started to fall behind. She chose 7 of 16 right, but lost one of her Final Four teams -- her champion (Syracuse). She still has time to make up some ground if Wisconsin and Michigan make deep runs.

Augie's bracket

Augie's bold picks helped him pick some of the weekend's big upsets (Dayton making the Sweet 16 and Mercer beating Duke), but it also cost him almost all of his teams (he only has three teams left alive). Manhattan clearly isn't going to win the championship, but Augie had fun, and that's what counts, right? Maybe next year one of those 16 seeds will finally get a win.

Comments