2nd Annual Steinke Tournament Challenge: Final Four Update

Even though the NCAA Tournament isn't over, the 2nd Annual Steinke Tournament Challenge all but is. With Connecticut, Wisconsin and Kentucky making the Final Four with Florida, pretty much everyone's bracket is busted. Here is how things shook out this weekend.

My bracket

Recap: First round -- 0 of 4 correct, second round -- 22 of 32, third round -- 8 of 16.

I continued my bracket by going 4 of 8 in the Sweet 16. But I lost two of my Final Four teams, which hurt. Things only got worse in the Elite 8 as I lost Michigan State, too. I have one team remaining: Florida, who I picked to win it all.

Mom's bracket

Recap: First round -- 2 of 4, second round -- 22 of 32, third round -- 7 of 16.

Mom picked 5 of 8 winners correctly in the Sweet 16. She followed that up with one correct prediction for the Final Four: Wisconsin. She would have been in pretty good shape if Michigan and Michigan State had won, too, but sadly they didn't. While she correctly picked Wisconsin to make the Final Four, she has no teams left alive, because she had them losing to Michigan. Her bracket is done.

Augie's bracket

Recap: First round -- 2 of 4, second round -- 10 of 32, third round -- 3 of 16.

As you can see, Augie's bracket didn't have much hope going into the weekend, but he did correctly pick Dayton would make the Elite 8. So he got us on that one. His bracket ended with Michigan State's loss on Sunday.

The verdict

Based on a 64-point-per-round scoring system (and totally discounting the first round like 99 percent of America), I have 124 points, Mom has 128 and Augie has 56. Mom and Augie have 0 points left available, but I have 96 points left to win. If Florida wins just one more game, I win this year's challenge. If Florida loses, Mom is this year's surprise winner. This will be my final update, so you'll have to do the math for yourselves. Enjoy!

Comments