Throwback Thursday: Pets

Every kids should have a pet, right? When we were kids, we had many. This is Ginger. She lived to be pretty old.

Before she died, though, we added Sasha. Where we got them I couldn't tell you, but they were good pets.

And, what's more, Sasha had babies. Here are Tim and I trying to wrangle them in the hallway for a picture. You have Blackie, Cocoa, Lila, Adam and Prince. I'll let you guess who was allowed to name them. Blackie and Cocoa were obvious choices, but I'm not sure where the name Lila came from. That must have been Jen's puppy to name. Prince and Adam were named for my favorite cartoon character, Prince Adam, aka He-Man.

We didn't keep all of them, only one. I voted for Cocoa, but Adam was the eventual winner, though I can't remember why.

There was also that time we found a kitten. She stuck around, for the most part (you know how outdoor cats are), so we named her muffin.

From this picture, you'd think Adam and Muffin were best friends, but they really weren't. Adam would chase Muffin around the yard, and when he caught up to her, he'd pin her down to the ground by the throat with his mouth. After a few seconds he'd let her up so they could run around some more. He never meant to hurt her, he just knew that dogs chased cats. So that's what he did.

Comments