How Would You Like to Own This Bench?

Then you'll have to bid on it like everyone else.

Every year the Michigan Lutheran High School Alumni Association holds a silent auction during homecoming (sorry, not sorry), and they are always on the lookout for donations. They must have been desperate this year because one of the organizers asked me if I could quick build something they could sell. I think they overestimate my abilities, but that's another post for another day. Luckily for them, I had this almost finished project I could donate. (Too bad for them I haven't been able to start on my griffin throne yet.)

I bought the cast iron legs and back this summer for a modest sum. There were still a few rusty bolts in the legs, but at least it didn't come with the rotted out wood. I got them cleaned up and painted this fall, but by the time I got to the project, it was too late in the year to expect anyone to be looking to purchase an outdoor bench. So I left it in pieces and put it in the basement expecting to finish it in the spring. This weekend, I put the Thompson's on the wood and pieced it back together.

This is a beast of a bench. It's very heavy. It's some really good iron, which is why I bought it in the first place. If you'd like to get your hands on it, and support tuition assistance at ML, you can bid on it Jan. 31 and Feb. 1 at the high school. Good luck.

Comments