Throwback Thursday: Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

Despite the current lack of snow here in Southwest Michigan, Jen and I are here to remind you that it has in fact snowed in the past. As a child, snow meant bundling up and heading outdoors until you couldn't feel your fingers or stand the snot streaming down your face anymore, whichever came first.

In these pictures from Dec. 29, 1987, you can see we built a trio of snowmen to decorate the front yard. I'm guessing one was for not-yet-1-year-old Tim. It's hard to tell how much snow had fallen prior because dad had cleaned up some of it already. You can still see the tractor tracks in the snow behind us. Honestly, I'm not sure how we built these snowman. It looks like I'm bundled so tightly I can hardly move.

For those of you who really love snow, and want to be even more depressed by its current absence, here's a bonus photo from the first snowfall of 1989 ... on Oct. 19.

Comments