The Steinke Tournament Challenge: Zion Edition

Welcome back to the fourth edition of The Steinke Tournament challenge. This year's contest is brought to you by standout freshman Zion Williamson, who is so awesome and amazing that everyone is picking Duke to win the tournament this year. Everyone except ...

... me. I just couldn't do it. I only have a few rules when it comes to picking my bracket, and the No. 1 rule is "Don't rely on Duke to carry your bracket." They always find a way to let me down, so I just don't pick them to win. Ever. Even this year, when they have the best player in college, it pained me to put them in my Final Four. For the second straight year, I picked Michigan to win it all. I don't think they will, honestly, but at least now I don't have to root against them. Tennessee and North Carolina round out my Final Four. You know who else has zero faith in Duke ...

... Gracie. She had such little faith in them that she didn't even know who the winner of the North Carolina-Central vs. North Dakota State game was, but she knew they were going to beat Duke. Overall, she didn't seem too enthused about making her picks -- she shouted out names while starring at the TV. But she did seem to have an affinity for the Big Ten, taking Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio State to her Final Four. I'm not sure which pains me more: MSU beating Michigan or Wisconsin winning her bracket. You know who has zero faith in the Big Ten ...

... mom. She didn't think any of this year's Big Ten tournament teams could make the Final Four. She did have faith in Duke making a deep run and beating Kentucky in the National Championship. She apparently didn't learn from last year's epic debacle (go UMBC!), and put Virginia back in her Final Four along with seeming dark horse Florida State. And lastly ...

... Augie's picks. Augie too went with Duke as his national champion, but at least he had Michigan playing them in the Final Four. On the other side of the bracket, he stuck with Virginia, even after they let him down last year when he picked them to win it all. North Carolina rounds out his Final Four.

Tune in later to see how we all did. In the meantime, see if you can beat me (and try to win prizes while you're at it!) through The HP's website. It's really easy to fill in, and it gives you head-to-head stats as you go.

Comments