Artsy Fartsy Friday: Dragon

Augie's Take: I painted the head. I folded paper so one was over the other each time. A lot of times. Then you staple the head to the body. And you put eyes and a tongue on. We are doing country art, and we were in China. So this is supposed to be a Chinese dragon. That's what they called it.

Dad's Take: I'll be honest, I was pretty sure this thing was a snake. And after Gracie led me astray last week, I'm not sure if I can believe it when Augie tells me this thing is a Chinese dragon. But let's go with Chinese dragon and see where it gets us. It is long and winding like your traditional Chinese dragon. It has a head and a long tongue, but I'm not seeing any legs. Maybe it had legs but it got into a fight with another Chinese dragon, and the other Chinese dragon won. And as his prize he got Augie's dragon's legs. So now there's a fierce, eight-legged Chinese dragon out there wreaking havoc on all the other Chinese dragons, picking fights and winning himself more legs. Eventually he'll have so many legs people will mistake him for a centipede. And then he can live his life in peace because no one will mess with him, because centipedes are creepy. Am I right?

Comments