Artsy Fartsy Friday: A Field of Color

Gracie's Take: Pink is a chair. Blue is the ocean, cause I know blue. Purple is a ball. That purple one is a gunk. The yellow one is thunder and lightning. The green is a windstorm. Red is a weird-looking butterfly. Pink is a roller-coaster. This red is a vitamin. This yellow is a King Kong house.

Dad's Take: Clearly, I don't understand art. I can kind of see a pink chair. You could sell me on the red blob being a butterfly. Blue is water? Yeah, sure. But a ball? A thunderstorm? A roller-coaster? I don't think so. I'm as open-minded as the next person, but I'm starting to think she was just making stuff up to see what I would write down. She can't fool me, I know this is just a piece of paper she smeared paint on. Unless it's not. And she actually sees those things. Then we might have a visionary on our hands.

Comments