Artsy Fartsy Friday: Octopus

Gracie's Take: I colored the smile with the marker, and the nose. And the eyes are made out of stickers. The octopus' face and stuff is made out of a plate. And my name's on the back. And these are made out of strings. We made them because it was letter J day. And my two friends, Jace and Jenna, start with J.

Dad's Take: At first, I wasn't sure what this half plate was supposed to be, but after Gracie told me it was an octopus, I could see it. It had a bunch of legs like an octopus does. It didn't quite make it all the way to eight, but maybe this is a special octopus (or is it a hexapus?). Maybe it was only born with six legs. Maybe it had some plastic surgery to slim down a little. MAYBE A SHARK GOT THE OTHER TWO! Who knows?

Update: I'm told now that it is actually a jellyfish. Yeah, that makes more sense.

Comments