Steinke Tournament Challenge Update: Sweet 16

The Sweet 16 is over. This is how we all fared:

Dad: 32 points (116 overall)
Mrs. Augie's Mom: 24 points (102 overall)
Augie: 24 points (78 overall)

My bracket would be sitting in really good shape had Michigan State not lost to Duke last night. That leaves me with three of my four Final Four teams advancing into the Elite 8. Michigan's miracle OT win saved the day.

Mrs. Augie's Mom's bracket took a huge hit when her champion (Kansas) lost in that OT game. She now has only two teams left alive (Duke and Marquette) and she didn't have either one in the championship. She's not out of the challenge yet, but she's pretty close.

Augie, for as randomly as he picked his bracket, still has two teams alive, too, including his national runner-up Ohio State. Maybe next year I'll randomly pick my winners.

Today starts the Elite 8. Stay tuned.

Comments