It's Almost Spring ... Right?

Augie and I had a Build and Grow this morning at Lowe's. When we were done building our monster truck, we made our way to the home and garden department because we both needed something to do outside. We are really tired of being inside with mom.

I decided to put this on the top of the spring project list: the ugly piece of privacy fence next to the garage. It isn't in good shape, and it's ugly.

It's the same material as the white fencing in the back yard. As you can see, the heavy windstorm we had late this fall took out two of the panels, so it will be coming down early in the spring ... if it doesn't fall down first.

Thankfully, my assistant had his own hammer for the quick demo process.

Don't worry, we remembered our safety goggles.

In no time flat, the new pieces were up. I plan to paint it this summer. I'm hoping to find a brown paint that matches the trim on the house (the same color as the garage door). Doing it now probably saved dozens of flowers an early demise. Augie was all over that flower bed.

When we were done, Augie helped mom plant a few flowers. I think she's ready for spring, too.

Comments