Acknowledged Third Party Content

Earlier today, I received this cranky email from the people over at YouTube. Apparently the Universal Music Group hates fun. Or kids. Or kids having fun. Which one it is, I may never know. They seem to have a problem with this video of Augie dancing to "Domino" by Jessie J.

If you can't read that screenshot, it says:  "Your video "Augie Dancin'", may have content that is owned or licensed by UMG, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, it may be blocked, or ads may appear next to it."

I'm not entirely sure what that meant, so I followed the "Copyright Notice Page" link. And got this:

According to that first hyperlink, my video is blocked in Germany. I'm not sure why it would be blocked in Germany, but apparently it is. According to the part at the bottom, I could either acknowledge that my video has "sound recording administered by UMG" or I could dispute it.

I have chosen to acknowledge that there is in fact audio by Jessie J. in my video, because there is. I'm not really sure why that matters. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens. Stay tuned.

Comments