Steinke Tournament Challege: Third Round Update

The first weekend's games are complete, and the Sweet 16 is set. Here is how the Steinkes' brackets fared in the round of 32:

Dad: 40 points (84 overall)
Mrs. Augie's Mom: 40 points (78 overall)
Augie: 24 points (54 overall)

As you can see, the round of 32 was a bit of a wash for mom and dad. We both correctly picked 10 of the Sweet 16 teams. I have the edge for now, but that could quickly turn in Gretchen's favor with just two games. I have Michigan State beating Duke, while she has Duke winning. I have Michigan winning its next match-up (vs. Kansas), while she has Kansas winning. My championship game contenders (U of M and MSU) are in jeopardy in both games, while her champion (Kansas) and one of her Final Four teams (Duke) are on the line. The Steinke Tournament Challenge winner will likely be the winner of one, or both, of those games.

Individually, I've already lost three of my Elite 8 teams, but Gretchen has lost four (including her championship game pick Gonzaga). All of my Final Four teams are still intact.

Augie, meanwhile, is probably the only person in the nation to correctly pick Wichita State and Florida Gulf Coast as Sweet 16 teams. Unfortunately, most of the rest of his bracket is in shambles, including his champion (Minnesota).

That's all for now ... until next weekend.

Comments