Movember

Usually at this time of the year, I start threatening Gretchen with my annual winter beard. If she does something I don't like, I say, "You better be nice, or I'm going to start growing my beard." This year, however, I've taken a different path: I've grown a mustache.

One of the reporters at The News-Dispatch is working on a story about Movember for our monthly health section, and I decided to kick in a column about growing a mustache. Gretchen hated the idea, but since it's for a good cause (raising funds for men's health programs), I figured she'd get over it.

I started the month clean-shaven, and will continue to grow my Mo through the end of the month. So if you see me in the next few weeks, and I look funny, feel free to point and laugh ... as long as you give to the cause.

Comments