Augie's New Ride

We finally got our check in the mail yesterday from AAA with the payout from my old car, which I still think they could have fixed, but we aren't going down that road right now. We raced right over to Signature and finalized the deal on our new Toyota Highlander. By new, I mean a previously-owned 2006.

Augie really likes it because it's higher off the ground like Grandma Westerhoven's Equinox and Grandma Steinke's Durango.

I kind of think Gretchen wanted a minivan so we could haul around all of Augie's little friends. I didn't want to drive around a minivan. So we settled on this SUV with a small third-row seat. It's not big enough for me, but it's plenty big enough for a couple of small kiddos.

And when we don't need it, we can fold it down for extra storage. It also has this nice cover to hide all our cool stuff from prying eyes.

The other cool features include this secret compartment between the two front seats ...

... and these premium speakers ...

... so we can rock out to our cassette tapes. That's right, it has a tape deck. I'm still trying to figure out why a 2006 has a tape deck. Maybe cassettes are still big overseas.

It has lots of other cool features (auto lights, dimming rearview mirror, tire pressure warning system), but I think this button is my favorite (at least right now). It offers extra traction during slippery or snowy conditions. It doesn't have four-wheel drive, but I tested out this ECT button last night, and it definitely works.

Comments