Artsy Fartsy Friday: Attack of the Hummingbirds


Augie's Take: I need to tell you the story of how this all came together. Gracie got this light-up trace thing, and I figured I'd try it out. So I did. I drew one of these hummingbirds. Then I thought, why don't I just make a whole picture? So I decided to make two red baron hummingbirds attacking a turtle with a castle on it. I also drew some houses in the background so it's not so blank.

Dad's Take: Not every piece of art can be 100 percent drawn by hand. Sometimes something traced can be just as nice. Aunt Jen was in town last weekend, and gave Gracie her birthday gift: a light box that came with pictures to trace. I haven't looked through all of them, but apparently they include some hummingbirds, a turtle with a castle on it and houses. Augie used them to make a believable story. As long as you believe in killer hummingbirds.

Comments