It's Derby Day! (Sort Of)

Today was pine car derby day. Or at least it was supposed to be. Our race got postponed due to the coronavirus. We're hoping to reschedule it, but you just don't know at this point. So I thought I'd show you our cars.

Augie went with a Hummer-like design. It has a flat front windshield. It's also a demolition derby car. Augie painted a little dirt on there, and then we hit it with a hammer to give it some dents. It didn't do as much damage as I was expecting it to, sadly.

For the first time, I also made a car this year. I went with the rolling cornhole mobile. Complete with a full set of regulation bags. Gretchen said I put too many on there. I said, why make less a full set? People will wonder where the rest of the bags are. They're all glued on there, but each one fits through the hole in the board. I literally sanded off two fingertips making those little buggers. Here's hoping our cars will see race day.

Comments