While Mom Is Away, Dad and the Kids Will Play ... Day 2

It's mom's second day at her teachers conference across state, which means I had to get up when the kids got up today. None of us had to be up particularly early this morning (my next furnace quote wasn't coming until 10), so, of course, the kids were up at 7:30. I bought some time for my coffee to kick in with LeapPads and Kindles.

Once I was awake and dressed, we started tackling the apples. By we, I mean, I skinned and cut the apples while Augie said, "Are you done yet?" We have a lot of apples, which means it was time for our annual batch of applesauce.

See, applesauce. Cinnamon applesauce, actually. Because isn't applesauce just better with cinnamon?

It was taking "forever" to cook down, so Augie ditched me for toys with Gracie.

But he and Gracie were back when it was time for taste testing.

It was so good Augie had to stop Gracie from trying to steal more off the stovetop.

I distracted them by teaching Augie how to play Othello. He was pretty good, but I still beat him.

I still had time to kill before dinner so the minions watched "Minions." Surprisingly no one went downstairs to grab the fart gun.

But I love 'em anyway.

Comments