This Is: International Art

This is a sheet of metal.

This is a metal International trim decal.

This is mounted.

I was digging around in the barn last weekend near a bucket of horseshoes when I found this old International decal. It seemed out of place because I only ever remember seeing Ford equipment around the farm. So I'm not very sure how it got there. (Of course, later Tim and I found the hood off a 1953-55 International truck, so that might explain things.)

Not far away was this piece of old metal. If I had to guess, I would guess it was a piece of siding. The other side is green, and the placement of the holes would seem to suggest it's meant to be overlapped with another piece. I thought it would make the perfect backdrop for this decal. After cleaning it off, I was right. It's just the right amount of weathered and ugly.

I really like this, but I think I'm going to give it to an International fan I know.

Comments