Goodbye Michigan

The Hello Augie Tour is over. We spent the morning of day seven at home before leaving Augie with grandma and grandpa so Gretchen could go to a few places to spend her Christmas gift cards. Above is a picture of most of the people Augie met this week during his first (of many) visits to Michigan. Click on the picture to see a larger view.

In all Augie met 34 friends and family members (and four dogs) for the first time as well as an unknown amount of people in grandma Westerhoven's office building. He handled the tour with relative ease (probably because he slept through most of it). Commemorative plates, plagues and T-shirts (as one person seems to think are necessary) are not on order at this time.

Gretchen and I learned a lot about ourselves and our relatives, our births and others. We (and by we I mean Gretchen) are adept at telling the story of Augie's birth. My favorite part of the story is: (Gretchen's Doctor) I can't believe you had a nine pound baby; (Gretchen) I can't believe you LET me have a nine pound baby; (Gretchen's doctor) I didn't think he'd be that big.

Gretchen has been telling people all week we were both average sized baby's, but after finding our baby pictures (to be posted later) it turns out I wasn't as average as she has been saying. Gretchen was born at 6 pounds, 15 ounces, but I was 8 pounds 6 ounces (and born a week early). She was 21 inches and I was only 20.5 inches. (Reminder Note: Augie was 9 pounds, 0.5 ounces and 22 inches long).

We are leaving for Wisconsin sometime tomorrow, and I think I'll be needing a vacation from my vacation.

Comments

  1. I, for one, am glad no one can get the "Hello 'Augie'" commemorative plague. I'm sure that's not what August would like to be remembered for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to comment on the plague, too. Can I order it as a gift for someone else?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment