2-Hour Weekend Project (Inspired by Lowe's)

This is a Mason jar. We have two of them laying around our house. I think they both had salsa in them at one point. Now they are taking up space. So we are re-purposing them.

This is an odd, probably homemade light that came with our garage. Up until a couple of weeks ago, it was hanging upside down from a rafter in the corner of the garage. I decided to hang it up so I had some extra light near my workbench. (And it even works!)

This is a small jar of paint I bought at Lowe's this morning for $3.

Here's my Mason jar again, but now it's painted yellow.

It's the new light cover for my workbench light. After I put a thin coat of paint on it, I wiped some of it off with a towel to give it a more unfinished look. I'd love to say I came up with the idea myself, but I must admit it's an adaptation of a glass jar light pendant I found on Lowe's website. The other jar is going to be painted white and will become a flower vase ... if Gretchen gets around to doing it :-)

Comments