This Is: A Birdhouse

This is a stack of fence picket cutoffs.

This is a license plate.

This is a wooden dowel.

This is a saw.

This is a container of nails.

This is spray paint.

This is a wooden post.

This is a license plate birdhouse.

This project started when my aunt, who works for the Secretary of State office, gave me a bag of license plates. Some were used, some were brand new. She said I could have them as long as I turned this one into a birdhouse for her. So I did. It turned out better than I expected it to, so I decided I wanted my own.

I hung a bunch of the license plates in my garage, but I decided to use this new one for my birdhouse. I've been trying to burn through the stack of spray paint cans I have in the garage, so this birdhouse got to be green ... because I had a mostly full can of green, and I thought it would look good with the green in the plate. It's a little bright, but I have faith it will fade.

I've already got the one birdhouse on top of the fence and two on the back of the garage (what can I say, there's a bird housing crisis in my neighborhood), so I put this one on a free-standing post in my little gnome garden.

Comments