Crazy Gracie

Gretchen's always saying, "It's hard to describe Gracie to people." It's not enough to say she's sassy or strong-willed or stubborn or silly, because she's all that, but there's more to it than that. She can be sneaky intelligent one minute and licking your arm the next (I don't know why she finds that so funny). It's just such a complex personality that it can be hard to describe in one sentence. Here are a few examples from today:

This morning, Gracie asked to wear her nice dress for church. When I got out of the shower, she was wearing fairy wings and a backpack while barking like a businessman on her phone. She noticed I noticed her and she laid down on the floor and rolled around. I'm not really sure why.

After church, she picked out some comfy clothes to wear. And she wanted to put them on herself. That's odd because I usually dress her in the morning. Today, she did it all herself ... in her room ... except for her socks. Her socks she had to put on in the laundry basket. She's catlike like that sometimes.

Right before dinner, I was downstairs setting up the Wii for Augie on the second TV. Gracie couldn't help, so she turned her folding chair into a little table and made herself a meal. I guess what I was doing was entertaining, and she thought a show would be good with her dinner.

Comments