Fence Crashers Returns

The time has come (and gone) to rip down the crumbling white fence in the backyard. As I mentioned last month, the fence was in pretty rough shape. It was rotting and, in some instances, falling apart. It was nice out Saturday, so Augie and I grabbed our hammers and hard hats and went to work.

Here's what was left of the fence. As you can see, three panels had already fallen down and numerous slats still standing were broken.

The panels that fell down last fall were placed in the destruction waiting room next to the garage.

Once the before pictures were taken, I set Augie loose.

He made quick work of the panels. We left the posts up. I'm going to inspect them and hope they are in good enough shape to reuse when I buy the new fence panels.

Augie was kind enough to stack up the remaining panels so I could tear them apart when he was napping.

Before nap, we cleaned up the area between the fence lines ...

... and counted the nails we pulled from the posts (there were 27).

With demo complete, I loaded up the fence and took it away to its final resting place: grandpa's burn pile.

Comments

  1. Like the gingerbread house! Especially since an elderly lady seems to live there on her own. Not saying she's a witch or anything, but she certainly fits the bill better than some young dude would!
    aluminum fence

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment