Camo Augie

As Augie continues to grow, he is starting to fit into more of the clothes that were bought for him but were too big for him at the time. Today, he wore a 12-month camouflage Mickey Mouse shirt for the first time. Or at least, that's what I'm told. He might as well have been some sort of professional deer hunter or shadow ninja of the night, because I couldn't find him. When I got home from work, I walked around the apartment looking for him, hoping my top of the line camera could catch a glimpse of him.

The first place I looked was the couch. When Augie's done with supper, he often likes to sit next to me on the couch and watch some TV. But he wasn't there. Just the couch.

I tried zooming in, thinking maybe he was hiding in the cushions, but found nothing. He wasn't on the couch.

Next, I thought he might be in his Exersaucer. He loves to 'sauce before bed time, too. But still, no Augie, just the eerie squeak of the saucer's springs.

Then I noticed Augie had left a pile of toys in the middle of the floor, and thought maybe he was still playing with them. But mom said she was the one playing with the toys, and Augie was nowhere to be found.

After a half hour of looking, I gave up my search. If Augie wanted to see me before my meeting he would come and find me. Who knows, maybe tomorrow we'll have another picture of the day...if Augie comes out of hiding.

Comments