Happy Father's Day to me!

After a little poking and prodding I finally got Gretchen to take a picture of Augie and I for a Father's Day post. Somehow we didn't get one of the two of us at Chris Treder's wedding last night. I think Ashley probably got one of us, but we'll have to wait and see.

For Father's Day "Augie" bought me a remote switch for the digital camera I was given at Christmas. (It wasn't too hard because I sent "Augie" an e-mail two weeks ago with links to the different things I wanted for Father's Day.) I wanted a remote switch so I could take pictures of fireworks when we are home for the Fourth of July. Between Christmas and Father's Day I bought the tripod I needed to hold the camera for me while it take a picture of the fireworks, but I needed the switch, too.

This is the desired effect when taking a fireworks pictures. This is a picture from the Canon Web site of multiple fireworks going off. It isn't necessarily from a show's finale. If you leave the shutter open for 1 or 2 or 10 seconds at a time it will put all the fireworks into the same picture. However, if you shake the camera in the least, you will have a blurry picture. That's why I needed the remote switch.

Don't ask me what my fascination is with taking pictures of fireworks. I don't know. I've just wanted to try it since I saw this picture almost two years ago. Unfortunately I wasn't "on" for Fourth of July weekend at work last year, so I haven't had a chance to try it. (Note: I also want to try the technique on a lightning storm).

In other news, last night we were in the Beaver Dam area of Wisconsin for Chris' aforementioned wedding. We had a lot of fun, but Augie was the center of attention. Everyone wanted to hold him or take pictures of him. One of the bridesmaids said to Gretchen, "I hope it isn't creepy, but I took a picture of your son. He is just so cute."

As you can see for yourself, he was decked out in an awesome little vest with a sailboat on it complete with khaki shorts. I think the whole outfit was bought by grandma Westerhoven.

This was the general reaction from people when they saw Augie. They all thought he was so adorable, and just wanted to hold him.

Even though we had to leave the reception kind of early so Augie could come home and go to bed, he made sure to play with his party gift when he woke up Sunday.

Comments