Throwback Thursday: Hats Off To Me

I wore a lot of hats as a kid, no pun intended. I literally wore a lot of hats. So today, we're going to take a look back at some of my fancy caps. Here I am with a blue one in March 1991. Checking the calendar, March 13 was a Wednesday, so we were mighty dressed up for a Wednesday. There must've been a Lenten service that night.

There was also this black dress hat. I got some good use out of that one.


My love of hats dates back quite a ways. Here I was "all ready to go," according to the back of this photo from April 16, 1987. I must've been ready for my brother to get here already. I was done being the youngest.

Some of my favorite hats were the Sodus "S" hats we got every year for playing baseball.

I'd wear those things all summer long.

Then there was my late-'90s Bulls hat. Every good Bulls fan had one.

And one of my dad's purple AR Controls lids. Those things were limited edition. They must've granted us special access to climb on top of that rhino at Deer Forest.

Of course, not all hats are hats. Helmets are hats, too. Kind of. They're just a harder hat.

And on the flip-side of the coin is the stocking cap. It's not hard at all, and has no defined form. Before too long we'll be needing to dig them out again.

Comments