The Story Behind the Story of Homemade Ketchup

If there's anything I've learned in 2020, it's that I'm up for trying something new. Work from home for six months (yeah, it's been that long)? Sure. Learn how to build a new deck? Power tools! Make a face mask out of a bandana? I can do that. This week, I added another something new: homemade ketchup.

As you might have guessed from one of my posts last week, our tomato plants are doing very well this year. So well that we needed to figure out something to do with some of the fruit. I decided it would be fun to try and make ketchup.

Really, you don't need all that many ingredients.

And it uses up 3 pounds of ripe tomatoes.

Let me tell you, it makes delicious ketchup, too. Find out how many stars each Steinke gave it in this week's column. I won't spoil the surprise.

Comments