Artsy Fartsy Friday: Treasure Map

Augie's Take: I was going to pumpkin island. There was no treasure, but there was footsteps, so someone had been there before. So I made red marks so they could get there. And I made blue water and a brown house. It was a skyscraper with three triangle windows. And the land had been underwater for 50 years. One of my ships sank. Right when I was starting, it sank, but I continued on.

Dad's Take: Augie made this map before Halloween, or right after, I can't remember, but he wanted to do it for this week's Artsy Fartsy Friday. Just looking at it, you might not know what it's supposed to be. But once Augie says it's a treasure map, things come into focus. It's missing a big X to mark the treasure, but it does look like a map. There is water, a ship. I guess the orange thing could be an island. Overall, it's a pretty creative piece of artwork.

Comments