Andy Sells the Farm

As most of you know, I grew up on a farm. And farmers by nature are pack rats. So the barns are packed with stuff, most of which hasn't been used in decades and probably won't ever be used again. So while I have been rummaging around the farm for projects to work on, I've also been picking out some of the neat items that aren't needed anymore.

I have started an Etsy shop, and am selling some of that antique stuff for my mom. I've uploaded a couple of dozen items, and I'll hopefully be uploading more every week, so be sure to check back often. If you see something you like, let me know before you buy it and I'll waive the shipping if you'll meet me in person to pick it up.

The shop serves two purposes: One, I get to go through all the cool, old stuff in the barns and learn a little bit about my family (there's a lot of neat dairy stuff hanging around), and two, it starts the process of eradicating the piles and piles and piles of stuff. It will all have to be cleaned out someday anyway, because let's face it, I don't think any of us will suddenly morph into farmers, so we might as well get started now when we have the time to be patient and discerning about what we sell and how we sell it.

I've been having a lot of fun doing it, so I hope you'll stop by the shop to see what's there. If there is something farm-y you are looking for, but don't see it in the shop, let me know and I'll look around for it. It's a farm, you never know what you'll find in the rafters.

Comments