Fence Crashers: Stain and Seal Edition

Over the past few weeks I think I have finally finished the project I started last spring. From cleaning out the vines in front of the back fence to installing the new fencing to replacing the white fence this spring, it's been a long project.

Over our staycation last month, Gretchen and I stained/sealed the back fence. As you can see, the stain makes it quite a bit darker. Hopefully the sealant will prolong its life a few years, too.

This morning I rolled out my mobile paint station to seal the side fence. Augie volunteered to help.

The small roller was just his size. The stain was so thin, though, that he would have been wearing more stain than the fence. So he was promoted to supervisor. He grabbed his red chair and sat next to the paint station while I worked.

"We" made it all the way around to the new gate I installed next to the garage. Also, I installed a new gate next to the garage. That was one other thing I was wanting to do, but hadn't gotten around to. I did that last weekend while Augie and mom shopped in South Bend.

We didn't necessarily need a gate, but it will be much safer than the piece of railing I had propped up against the gutter. Now I can store some stuff back there without Augie getting into it.

Comments