The Way Things Were

I was poking around on Google Maps earlier today trying to find Augie's babysitter's new home. I checked out the Street View trying to get an idea of what house I would be looking for later when I take Augie over there. When I was done, I remembered that a few months back the Google Street View car drove past our home. So I checked out our address.

Our house is on there, but it is the September 2007 version of our house. As you can see, it doesn't look the same. For starters, there is a big tree in the front yard. If there was one thing I wish our home had, it is a tree in the front yard. I rectified that problem this summer ... twice actually. Thirty years from now, our tree might look like this one did. I had a feeling our house had a tree in the front yard, and this photo proves it. However, it looks like it was already dead in 2007, so it's probably good that it's gone.

You'll also notice that the shutters, door and garage door are blue. I was surprised to see the house is actually a similar color to what it is now. I've found some remnants of an ugly green color on some of the siding, and suspected it was that color, but apparently it wasn't that color recently. The backside of the garage door is still that bright blue, as are some of the posts for the back porch (which were mostly painted white). I guess the realtors who flipped our house were as resourceful as I am in reusing materials on hand.

Comments