Happy Easter

It's been a busy day for ago, so far, and it's only early afternoon. He woke up this morning to a table full of goodies from mom and Grandma Westerhoven. Among them were a few new Cars cars, bubbles, coloring books and stickers.

And of course candy.

Then there was church. We were in no shape to make the sunrise service or the church's breakfast, but we made it to the regular 9:30 service.

After church, we made a brief stop at Grandma Steinke's house for some Easter ham. Augie got another basket of goodies, which included these hip 1980s sunglasses.

Grandma wasn't going to hide Easter eggs this year, but I told her I brought my camera, so she had to go hide some for Augie and Mikey.

Augie didn't win, but he did find 19 of the 41 eggs. There were some hiding in grandma's flower pot...

...on the play slide...

...and under the trees. Mom didn't have to help as much this year as she did last year.

Augie also received his new dresser today. I said it was his Easter present from me, Gretchen just rolled her eyes. We bought it last summer at a garage sale, and it was stained a light brown. We wanted it to be fun for Augie, though, so I sanded it down this winter. I finally got around to painting it yesterday. I think it came out pretty nice.

Comments