Watching and waiting


Hello, and welcome to my new blog. And by "my blog" I mean "our blog."

Because we live in Wisconsin and most of you live in Michigan, I figured I would start a baby-centered Web site so everyone could have access to both baby pictures and baby updates. When the fancy strikes (or when Gretchen is bored), we'll be posting what's going with us and Baby Steinke.

Right now, we are in the hospital waiting for the baby to come out so we have something new to play with. Today, is one of the many due dates the doctor's have given us over the last nine months. The ultrasound technician estimated a due date of Jan. 4, and the doctor -- with her magical, know-all wheel -- has given us Jan. 8 and Jan. 9...and probably Jan. 7 somewhere along the way, too.

We aren't here today because baby decided it was time to come out. We are here today because doctor lady said it's time to come out. The baby is fully developed and measuring where it should be at this point, so it is being induced before it gets too big.

That's all I have for now. Check back later for the baby's sex, the baby's name and pictures of baby. Until then...

Comments