Field Trip to the Farm

This morning, the kindergartners took a short trip down to Barbott Farms. I'm on vacation, so I tagged along. We started off in the greenhouse learning about producers and transportation, and how food gets from the farm to us.

All the kids had their parts to play. Gracie was a transportation worker.

Then, it was off to the pumpkin patch to grab a free pumpkin.

Gracie picked a good one. I picked the smallest one I could find ... for variety, not because I knew I'd have to carry pumpkins back to the car.

While our pumpkins dried out and we waited for our turn on the hayride, we made a pit stop in the fun zone. They had a bounce house ...

... a silo with a slide ...

... and tic tac toe ...

... pedal cars for the young and the old ...

... and even rat racers.

After everyone was tired out, it was onto the trailer for a drive to the corn maze.

We learned there were letters and mailboxes full of goodies waiting for us.

So off we went.

We had to go out twice to find all the letters, but that's OK, it was a nice sunny day.

Until next field trip.

Comments